We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms, specifically, but not exclusively any registration form, on our sites. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to a service provided by us, purchasing items through our sites, posting material on or to our sites (where permitted), requesting further services, or utilising any future services we may offer. Information may also be requested when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us or another company in our group of companies, and when you report a problem with our sites;
- On registration, we will request your name, email address, details of payment cards used and delivery address;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our sites and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- Details of your visits to our sites (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access;
- Such other data or information emailed by you to us or entered by you on our sites.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To enable us to supply you with further information about our company, products and/or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To aid us in providing you with assistance where you have requested products, further information or logged an enquiry;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. To the extent that carrying out such obligations necessitates us disclosing your personal information to agents, contractors or other third parties involved in the performance of contracts entered into between you and us, you agree and consent to such disclosure;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to our services;
- In order to comply with any of our legal and regulatory obligations;
- To monitor website usage in order to improve our services and sites.
You will not receive unsolicited marketing communications from us unless you have agreed to this. We may, however, contact you from time to time as necessary with information or queries about your registration, your purchases and/or your postings.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business (in whole or in part) or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets and may sell and transfer personal data collected through the site in connection with and pursuant to the sale of any such business or assets;
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- To the extent necessary to enable us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; to operate our systems properly; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, our subsidiaries, affiliates, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and
- To trusted third parties who assist us in operating the sites, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.